18.104.22.168 Connection Establishment. The following are the principal functions used in the connection establishment phase by the SCCP to set up a signaling connection.
• Setup of a signaling connection
• Establishment of the optimum size of NPDUs (network protocol data units)
• Mapping network address onto signaling relations
• Selecting operational functions during data-transfer phase (e.g., layer service selection)
• Providing means to distinguish network connections
• Transporting user data (within the request)
22.214.171.124 Data Transfer Phase. The data transfer phase functions provide the means of a two-way simultaneous transport of messages between two endpoints of a signaling connection. The principal data transport phase functions are listed below. These are used or not used in accordance with the result of the selection function performed in the connection establishment phase.
• Connection identification
• Expedited data
• Missequence detection
• Receipt confirmation
6O&M stands for operations and maintenance.
126.96.36.199 Connection Release Functions. Release function disconnect the signaling connection regardless of the current phase of the connection. The release may be performed by an upper-layer stimulus or by maintenance of the SCCP itself. The release can start at each end of the connection (symmetric procedure). Of course, the principal function of this phase is disconnection.
Was this article helpful?